Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Last Night

by: Gerum Salatan

It's been 21 years since my existence in this world; that's how long also I struggled from life's turmoil.

Many times I stumbled but I strove to rise. Times were vivid when some pulled me down but I ended bouncing high. Indeed, everyday in my life has been a great fight - I was almost defeated but I ended triumphant.

Scars remained scars. As they bled, I was reminded to live and believe. There times I almost slept but my dreams woke me up.

A shimmering light unto me appeared. Then a pathway so slim and rugged I saw. I was hesitant to go over. Humps and ditches in every corner I traversed.

I cried tears of sorrow and distress, asking myself why I was into this escapade. The way was wide and was I free to step aback but I couldn't!

Faith is pushing me up but I almost lost hope. My legs trembled with pain and my heartbeats were slowing down.

But the same light with a bright gleam of colors appeared and struck into my eyelids. My eyes opened around; escaped my mouth a gasping sound. Oh! that was just a dream, only a dream.

I rose from my bed, rushed to the shower because I am already late for my work. Another day has come, another struggle to take.#

1 comment:

  1. sometimes, because we are so exhausted from our work, we landed in to the dreamland...a dream full of realizations and struggles....

    ReplyDelete